Days Inn Victoria Uptown is located just north of the city centre, in the Upper Harbour District. Our Victoria Harbour hotel is
easily accessible from the downtown core and Inner Harbour area via public transportation or by car, and just minutes by foot from where
the popular Galloping Goose Trail crosses over the water to West Victoria. We are approximately 10 minutes from Royal Jubilee Hospital and
within walking distance to the Gorge Road Hospital.
Live Like A Local
Days Inn VIctoria Uptown is located in the heart of Victoria - and if you want to see the VIctoria that the locals do, we have some suggestions:
- Mingle with locals and enjoy live entertainment from some of Victoria’s best bands at The Loft Pub, right inside our hotel.
- Take a short walk (about 5 minutes) along the Galloping Goose Trail and Selkirk Boardwalk and enjoy lunch at Glo Restaurant overlooking the Gorge Waterway.
- Rent Kayaks from Selkirk Landing and paddle along the Gorge Waterway for a different vantage point.
- Take a short stroll across the beautiful and historic Selkirk Trestle Bridge (part of the Galloping Goose Trail) to enjoy stunning views of the Upper Harbour. At the other end of the bridge, hop on the Victoria Harbour Ferry at the Railyards Dock and ride into Chinatown or the Inner Harbour.
- Ride the Public Bus in front of the hotel to Downtown, China Town, Oak Bay VIllage, Hillside Mall or one of Victoria’s post secondary campuses.
- Watch some of Victoria’s local comedians at Heckler’s Bar, just a short walk down the street
- Take a short 15 minute walk to Mayfair Shopping Centre, the largest shopping mall in Victoria, for some retail therapy.
- Rent a bicycle and cycle the Galloping Goose Trail and Songhees Walkway along the harbourfront.
- Drive or Ride the Bus to Gorge Waterway Park for a beautiful evening stroll along the Gorge Waterway
- Ride the bus or drive to Downtown to enjoy some of the latest Hollywood movies in a lazy-boy style reclining chair.
The city’s most vibrant visitor attraction is the gorgeous Inner Harbour, where you will find everything from buskers to tour
outfitters, seasonal festivals, great restaurants and live entertainment. But the Inner Harbour isn’t the only fantastic thing about Victoria -
get out there and explore everything this Vancouver Island city has to offer!
Head into downtown Victoria for some great open-air shopping, as well as some indoor retail therapy at The Bay Centre
indoor mall. You can also take a stroll along the Inner Harbour to find buskers and street artists selling one-of-a-kind items and art, including on-the-spot personal
portraits. Find charming boutiques featuring local products in the heritage brick-and-beam buildings at Market Square near the Johnson Street Bridge.
Craft Brewery Experience
For beer lovers, Days Inn Victoria Uptown’s location is ideal! We are located near two main craft breweries, offering tasting room tours, including Philips Brewing, with a newly opened tasting room, and Vancouver Island Brewery. If the pub scene is more your style, be sure to check out Canoe Brewpub, Spinnaker’s and Moon Under Water. At Spinnakers, ask for the chocolate and beery flight!
No Hallway Smell, Just Fresh Air
At the Days Inn Victoria Uptown, there’s no hallway smell. Instead, step out into the fresh air on our exterior corridors each morning and explore all that Victoria has to offer - right from your hotel room door! Victoria is the ideal place for outdoor activities and adventures, with many of them within walking distance of our property. Take a bike ride on the nearby Galloping Goose Trail to downtown and rent your bikes on-site at the start of the trail or take a short walk to the Selkirk Trestle Bridge for some morning exercise. Looking for a more leisurely start? Visit the waterfront Arbutus Park for morning stretches overlooking the water or hop on a harbour ferry for a trip downtown.
Visit the Historic Selkirk Trestle
The Canadian Pacific Railway constructed the historic Selkirk Trestle Bridge over the Gorge Waterway to allow logs from Vancouver Island's forests to be transported into the former sawmills of the Upper Harbour. A former railway bridge, it is now a popular destination for locals and tourists alike forming part of the Galloping Goose Regional trail. It is only accessible to pedestrians and cyclists, offering stunning views of the Upper Harbour, Gorge Waterway, and local marine wildlife. Visitors can often observe local dragon boat teams, rowers, and kayakers training in the Gorge Waterway. The more than 100-year old structure now sees more than 700,000 crossings annually.
Whale Watching Excursions
The waters off Victoria are home to the majestic southern resident Orcas as well as transient Orca pods, making this city a popular whale-watching destination.
In fact, you may even see the Orcas spiking and breaching on your way over to Vancouver Island from the mainland on a BC Ferry! But if you would like to take an
organized whale watching tour out of Victoria’s Inner Harbour, there is no shortage of qualified tour operations to choose from - check out this comprehensive list
and don’t forget your camera!